Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Heart

Three years ago today I remember sitting in my bedroom crying because I was so unhappy with life and where it was taking me. Little did I know one simple birthday wish and an invitation to a church meeting in a school would change my entire world.

Last night I got scolded for continuing to do CT stuff up until midnight. I then got multiple wall posts from my sweet CT friends. I got a call at 12:06 from two of the most important people in my world. I got a text wishing me happy birthday from my sweet best friend promising an adorable 4 year old singing to me today. I have spent the day flooded with facebook posts, photos, text messages and calls from all the sweet people in my life. I was kidnapped and taken to sushi and cheesecake by one of the most wonderful people I know who has been there through thick and thin.

I am sitting here listening to Babylon by David Gray (posted on the CT facebook page as it is out VBS theme) and I know I get to spend the evening at VBS with some of my most favorite people in the world. Never could I have imagined three years ago crying on my bedroom floor that I would be where I am now. I love everything about my life. There are still things I would like to accomplish, of course, but I would not trade a single moment of the journey that has gotten me here. I would not trade a single person I have in my life now for the people I had to give up along the way. I cannot imagine spending my birthday anywhere but CrossTimbers. I may have whined about VBS being on my birthday when the dates changed, but I am SO glad that I get to spend my birthday there. (Also at the Mont at 8:45 if you want to join!)

My heart is so happy and I am so blessed to be where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment