Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thirty Days: Day 16

the meaning behind your blog name

The blog was originally named My Organic Journey because I started blogging to follow the trials and tribulations of switching to organic foods. Well that was short lived as organic is expensive and the pool took all my time and money. So then it was Floating Through Life...and Trying Not to Drown. That was when I really started blogging. Recently I changed it again. Little black dresses and pearls are two of my favorite things in the world and staples in my wardrobe.


The original little black dress was created by Coco Chanel, which is a woman who I greatly admire. The dress became very popular when Audrey Hepburn wore one in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, a favorite movie of mine.


Pearls are classic. I wanted my husband to be to buy my first strand of pearls for a wedding gift. Since the wedding didn’t happen and we had already purchased his rings I was able to exchange them for my pearls. My pearls were a sign that I was ready to move on (though not as much as my diamond necklace), and so they mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment