Sunday, January 2, 2011

Couch to 5K

I hate running, a lot. BUT I really, really, really want to be a "runner." I have attempted this, seriously, at least twice before, to no avail, however Kara found this Couch to 5K app on our phones. It tells you when to run and walk, it is 9 weeks, three days a week. I think I can fit this into my busy life, because it's only a 30 minute or so work out. On top of that my friend Shawnda and I are going to try to run on the weekends (well walk for now). We'll see how this all goes.

At the end of the nine weeks the plan is to run, really run, a 5K, probably one of the St. Patrick's Day runs, BUT the A2A Race for Mercy is two weeks after we're done, so I might think about walking (being realistic) the half marathon, we'll see. Then I can shoot for running the whole thing later.
Baby steps for now. :)
I have a really, really, really, really cute little black tulip dress that I want to wear to Junior League Charity Ball in April. When I bought it in August it was snug, alas I am afraid that now it is beyond snug, so the time has come to get this part of my life back in order. I am trying to not do everything completely drastically (quit drinking pop, no sweets, no fast food, no anything that tastes remotely good, etc all at the same time), but just cutting back and making one change a month. January is pop. This won't be all that hard, I've done this at least twice before, and I'm giving myself an emergency once a week freebie.

Ash Wednesday falls on March 9, so I'm sure I will be giving something bad for me up for Lent, we'll see what it will be.

Okay enough rambling and time for bed. :)

1 comment:

  1. My best friend Jenna has taken up running and has tried multiple times to give me running fever and it has yet to stick with me for long but I'm going to try again this year!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete