Saturday, August 27, 2011

Restless

I realized today that I have become very, very restless. I also have realized that I missed two months this summer. I didn't get the pool opened until mid June because of the liner "issue" so I think that was the problem. I also kind of retreated to my little house for a few months and I keep thinking that it is June. Just today I was at a JL thing at the Baby Steps house and we had extra food, one of the girls said we could leave it for the staff to snack on next week and I said, out loud, "do they work in the summer?" Yeah it is August 27, and school is back in session. Good grief.

Back to the restlessness. I don't know what I am so antsy for, but I have just been ready. I have a tendency to live in the future and I'm afraid I am doing that again, what with my big plans for after graduation and all. I am trying to live in the moment, but it has been hard this summer because as busy as I was I didn't really have anything going on. I really just retreated into myself, which I think was a good thing and something I should do from time to time. Now as September approaches, however, everything is starting back. Today was Junior League new member orientation which kicks off the JL season and I know I'm about to be busy with that. School started Monday, though I only have one online class which will be a piece of cake. I'm having a little trouble getting my internship all lined out (which I have to do in the next week so I can get enrolled). Youth will start up again soon. Lots of other stuff is going on at CrossTimbers and that will take some time. Football is a week away.

I know that I am going to blink and it will be June. That equally excites me and terrifies me.

I know that very soon everything is going to change and all the signs are pointing the exact direction of this change, which is really, really exciting. I am going to enjoy the next nine and a half months like they could be my last, because they could be, or at least the last as far as I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment