My dear friend Michelle had to go out of town this evening, so I offered to take her youngest four (out of eight!) boys to the CrossTimbers Pot Luck tonight. These boys are the best kids ever! And not just for boys. They are Sheldon, age 12, Baley, age 10, Ashton, age 5 and Brantley, age almost 2. They all have nicknames too:
Sheldon=Hoofie or Moose
Ashton=Squirmworm or just Squirm
Tonight they got new nicknames from me: green, purple, blue and orange! Yes that would be the colors of their shirts! I really don't know how she does it, especially having more than just those four. I love those kids, but I'm just fairly certain I'm not a "boy mom"!
I took a new recipe to the pot luck as well. I think that is what started my fascination with blogs, as I found this recipe when I was randomly looking at blogs of friends of friends of friends!
Cream Cheese Chicken
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 package Italian dressing mix
1 can 98% fat free condensed mushroom soup
8 oz. neufchatel cheese, softened (this is a lower calorie, lower fat cheese that tastes just like cream cheese)
Here's how hard this recipe is...brace yourself:
1. Insert chicken in slow cooker
2. Pour butter over chicken
3. Pour dressing mix over butter
4. Combine soup and neufchatel cheese until smooth
5. Pour soup mixture over chicken, DO NOT STIR
6. Turn on slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours if chicken is thawed or 7-8 hours if it is frozen (yes people you can have frozen chicken!)
7. After it cooks remove the chicken and whisk the sauce
8. Serve with a starch: brown rice (healthier!), white rice, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, etc.
SOOOOOO simple, SOOOOOO good!