Saturday, August 28, 2010

First Week of School!

The craziness that is my life has officially started. Here are the highlights of the week:

Monday - had the server of my largest office crash first thing Monday morning (thank you Hurricane Norman!) so it was not exactly the day I planned!
Started my first counseling class...LOVE IT! We had to go around the room and introduce each other and then had to repeat the names back. I did them entirely too quickly on my turn (about halfway through the class) so guess who got to say them all at the end of class...that would be me...stupid photographic memory! The prof is great and I'm really looking forward to it!

Tuesday - massive headache, went to work for about 3 hours and then slept. I felt so bad I didn't even go help with Scouts with the Sechrist clan!

Wednesday - more headache! (I have had a headache off an on for the last three weeks or so...it is all allergies and the weather changing) I had to go to class any way that night, but I'm going to love that one too! The prof is very much the "devil's advocate" type and he is going to challenge everything that we say, which should be good. We had to introduce ourselves and I went on with my whole story about wanting to work with parenting/pregnant/homeless teens and got an "Amen" from the lovely girl in the class with the Afro, Ebony. It's going to be a great class.

Thursday - Disclaimer Alert!!!! I am NOT going to post about relationships on this blog, past, present or future, BUT this is going to be a small exception!

I was engaged (not going there) and still had my ring (with a GORGEOUS diamond in it), so July 31 I took it to have it reset and got back my custom made pendant Thursday!

These pictures DO NOT do it justice, but it's the best I could get with my phone and I didn't want to mess with my camera:






Basically the diamond is floating and if you look at it from the top it looks like an open heart, which I think is just perfect!

Friday - Nothing terribly exciting except I finished Eat, Pray, Love. If you haven't read it I suggest you do! It was a great book. For my book club we read it for our August meeting (Aug 5). I had a conflict and missed book club, so I had not finished it. We were supposed to go see the movie last Sunday, but couldn't, so we are going tomorrow! Again, not talking about relationships, but I found this paragraph very, um, familiar sounding:



Today - I had Junior League training all day. Loved it! I am so excited to be a part of this organization. Best part of the day was that we drew for committees to "intern" on during this first year and I got my first choice: Baby Steps. (I'll touch more on Baby Steps and what I want to do with my life later!)

I came home to an icky pool! Algae all over the bottom. The pump has been running really loudly since I cleaned the filter last week, so I'm thinking I didn't clean it very well or didn't get it tightened right. I, voluntarily, cleaned it again tonight and I think I'm back in business. We shall see when I take a sample in Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment