Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cookies, Cookies and More Cookies!

I guess I am on a baking kick, but I was in the mood to make cookies again tonight. These are mine and Haley's famous Chocolate Chip Cookies, with a twist. When I babysat Haley we would bake ALL the time. She had this cute ABC cookbook, which included this recipe (C for Chocolate Chip Cookie, of course!) I made a double batch and made half milk chocolate/Heath chip and the other half Andes mint chocolate chip...so yummy!

Wendy and Haley's Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar, packed
1 c margarine, softened
1 egg
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 package chocolate chips (of whatever kind, for the batch of chocolate/Heath I did 1 bag of each!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugars, margarine and egg until thoroughly combined. Add flour, soda and salt. Stir in chips. Bake 8-10 minutes (in my REALLY cool oven it was more like 18 minutes).

They are yummy!



I am a SUCKER for kitchen gadgets! These are my two favorite though:

My Kitchen Aid mixer! I don't think even I thought I would use it as much as I have. I even painted my kitchen to match it, before I got it!



This may have been the best $12.99 I ever spent at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It is a spring loaded cookie dough scoop. It is wonderful. If you bake, go buy one, now, go, I mean it!



And I cannot forget my two, adorable baking assistants who are not so happy that I did not drop anything for them! Ty on the left and Kai on the right!



These are going to some of the most helpful people I know tomorrow or the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment