Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Writer's Block Challenge: Day 2

Your Opinion on Cheating


Well, well, well this is a fun one. My opinion on cheating. If you don't want to know the answer to this one than quit reading now. If you don't like what you read, don't say you weren't warned.


Now, onto the fun part. Let's start off by saying that though I have had opportunity I have never cheated on someone when I was in a committed relationship with them. Let us also say that I have been cheated on many, many, many times. I'm not really sure what that says about me to be honest. I'm sure we could mention something about loyalty and probably naivety or stupidity.


At any rate this being said I have some experience in the role of the person who is cheated on and here is what I think about it.


If you really love the person you would not cheat. Period.


If you use the excuse "I didn't want to hurt them" in terms of not wanting to break up when they find out that you're cheating (and they will) it will hurt them more.


If you are cheating you have no respect for the person you are with.


You can use the excuse that you are not getting what you "need" out of the relationship that you are in. If that is the case then you need to reconsider the relationship you are in.


Basically, in a nutshell, that is my opinion on cheating. Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment