Friday, May 13, 2011

Thirty Days: Day 30

three good things that have happened in the past 30 days

I am done with school for the semester!
More specifically I have completed 24 out of 36 hours and only lack 2 classes and 450 hours of internship to be done with my Masters!

I have NOT opened the pool, but it is getting there
I got really close, but then the liner ripped. That was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, however we have scraped up the money and just ordered the liner. The pool will only be closed one extra weekend from last year (by the time it is actually hot enough to swim) and it will be in much better condition (ex. no diving to patch holes this year!).

I think I may have finally gotten over a certain "crutch" from my past.
After talking and talking and talking I finally really truly realized the meaning of this Albert Einstein quote:
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
As much as I would like things to change, they won't. People only change when they want to and if they don't want to we can't do anything about it. That is hard to accept, especially when you want the best for the people around you. In the end I don't think I had really learned that lesson until last weekend. I finally read some literature that I was trying to explain to someone and realized I was doing exactly what I was telling them not to do. And I stopped. Right then and there. I just couldn't do it any more. It was very freeing to be quite honest and I know it is what's best for me. I'm very thankful for that experience because I (hope) think it is what I needed to move away from that way of thinking once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment