Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's a Blog, Blog World

I had another post planned for today, something about myself and how and why I feel about other people’s opinions and my own opinions, but some stuff happened and I feel I need to post this more.


I find the entire internet amazing. There are people that I have reconnected with on facebook that I probably never would have seen after elementary school or middle school or high school. I am able to keep in contact with those people and grow our friendships. I think that is awesome. When I started blogging last year I started grabbing up all these blogs to follow. Some of these are people that I actually know in real life and some are people I have never met. Some are people that I knew who they were and now I feel I now better and some have touched my life more than they will probably ever know.

I track my stats on my blog pretty carefully. I am thoroughly entertained and impressed at all the people that read my blog (I would like a lot more though!). If you go into the blogger dashboard you can look and see how many views I have had on my posts and where those views are coming from. I consistently have people from England, India, Russia, South Africa and other places that read my blog. I don’t know if they are just searching for pictures or something and somehow get there and don’t really read it. If you are one of those people and you really do read it send me an email (on the right where it says contact me…yes that’s new!) because I would really love to know.

Some of the blogs I follow are from people I don’t know. They might be a friend of a friend of a friend or someone that one of my blog friends follow and I get intrigued. It depends on the blog as to how many personal details of the blogger’s life are revealed. I’m pretty open about my life and my opinions on my blog. I post pictures of myself and use real names. I don’t post anything that I don’t want people to know, though some things I am more hesitant than others. I find it encouraging when I post something that is particularly personal to me and I get positive feedback of people who agree and people who have been there. It is nice to know that you aren’t the only one that feels this way or that way. I know some people that don’t post personal pictures or cut eyes off or use aliases rather than real names. I don’t see anything wrong with that and that is one of the best things about the blogging world, you can customize your blog to what suits you.

Many times the blogs that I follow are that of people with illnesses. Either starting a blogger blog or one on CaringBridge. Either way when someone is posting these intimate details you cannot help but grow attached to them, whether you have met them or not. The stories that are told become precious to you and you pray for their healing and peace every time you see their blog. That being said I would like to say this: CANCER SUCKS. I read a lot of blogs from people I know and feel like I know about their struggles with cancer. My own personal struggle (my mom had breast cancer in 2005 and is good to go now) was not even close to as difficult as some of these stories I read. We got lucky. Very lucky. Some of these families are not as lucky.

While there isn’t a better or worse cancer story, it sucks no matter the age and status of the person, the ones that absolutely kill me are the children. Many times these stories get passed to me from friends as prayer requests. There have been two that I have been following lately, one is doing well and the other isn’t so much. I read the latest post from the latter at lunch and it just made me sick. This is a child that is so loved and is so, so sick. I am absolutely overwhelmed with emotion from this. I don’t know these people, but I have been impacted so much by this little guy. I pray that there is a miracle and he is completely healed, but I don’t know God’s plan for him. I do know that his story has greatly impacted me.

Last Saturday when I was playing with JJ’s hair and when he fell asleep I couldn’t help but think of this little guy (he has a full head of hair too!). I am beyond grateful that all the kids that are in my circle of friends are healthy. I cannot say enough thanks for that. As I sat there holding JJ at his first birthday party I was able to look around at this amazing support system he has around him. He is a whole year old and is perfect. I don’t know what the future holds for him and I am excited to see. I know how much his parents love him. I know how much I love him and that goes for all the other kids in my life. They might not be biologically related to me, but that doesn’t make them less a part of my family.

My heart is aching as I write this and there are tears falling down my cheeks. I cannot say enough prayers to surround this very sick little boy. I know there are thousands of others praying just as hard for him. I pray for healing for him and peace for his parents no matter the outcome. I may never meet this sweet family, but nonetheless they will forever have an impact on my life. They have reminded me just how lucky I am for everything that I have. They are stronger than I can ever imagine being.

I don’t know what the future holds for this family. I pray it is amazing and wonderful.

I leave you with a verse from the finale of one of my favorite musicals, Wicked. I truly agree with this. I believe that everyone who steps into my life is put there for a reason. Sometimes I don’t figure out those reasons for a long time and sometimes I know immediately. I know that who I am today is because I have known some amazing people in my life.
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
If you want to read sweet Jamesie’s story click here. Please keep this family in your prayers as they need it now more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment