Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grammar


I am not a grammar expert, however I know BAD grammar when I see it. My friend Adrienne is lovingly known as the Grammar Police. Plus she hates cutsie words like hubby and preggo (reasons that she is one of my favorites).

I hate when I see people type on facebook, or an email, or a text in just horrible grammar, or using abbreviations for every word. Does it really take that much longer to type "your" as it is to type "ur"? Really? Now I use bc instead of because or btw and omg (those are more because they are fun to say with lots of emphasis) so I am by no stretch of the way perfect. And I am not perfect with my its versus it's on texting, but if I have a real keyboard in front of me you better believe it will be right.

I just think that it makes you look completely unintelligent when you either use horrible grammar or abbreviate everything.

Okay, stepping down from the soapbox and going to bed...

Oh, and spell check your blogs! That is all (this is not aimed at anyone I follow, but when randomly surfing through blogs looking for new ones to follow I have seen A LOT of misspelled words).

(If there are any grammatical errors in this I'm sorry, it has been a long day and I'm sleepy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment