Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Weekend at Home

For various reasons I don't go "home" much except for various very specific reasons. When I do I generally go for whatever event it is and then am back in Norman.

Lately I haven't exactly been all that happy in Norman. I don't know what all to blame it on, but it is true. A few weekends back I needed to get my taxes done, so I went to Ardmore on a Friday and stayed the night. It was kind of nice to go with no agenda, odd, but nice.

The evening started with dinner at Ten Star Pizza Kitchen. Generally when I am flying by the seat of my pants Mom and I end up at Applebee's or El Chico, but since there was no time frame I suggested Ten Star (because a lot of Ardmore friends have mentioned it on facebook). Well I was not, at all, disappointed. It was great. (Not to mention when you go to their website the music playing is Dave Matthews Band)



I took my mom back home, freshened up and headed back to town to go out with my cousin. On my way to meet him he text messaged me and said "I'm pretty casual tonight, I hope you aren't too Carrie Bradshaw for me." (Have I mentioned how much I love him?)

We are a force to be reconded with (mainly of snobbiness). We ended up at All Starz, which is well, a bar in Ardmore. I have been their twice before, both were interesting trips down memory lane with high school friends or the kids I used to babysit (eek!). Ryan and I were sitting at the bar drinking and sharing stories of debauchery (what we both tend to specialize in, well he does, I'm the perfect angel :)) when all of a sudden a girl comes up to the bar. I just stared her down until she looked at me. It was a friend of mine from high school, who I probably have not seen since high school. She'd been drinking, we'd been drinking and all of a sudden I end up at a table of old high school friends. It was a whole lot of fun. I don't think I could ever live there again, but it was nice to visit.

Towards the end of the night we got to see this (sorry for it being on its side, I had been drinking and forgot that my camera doesn't flip on video):



Oh Ardmore! Ryan and I then went to Taco Bell (because where else is there to go in Ardmore at 2:00 am, well for that matter after 9:00 pm), then went to Walmart because Taco Bell's dining room was closed and we needed to use the bathroom. We then proceeded to eat our tacos in the Walmart parking lot.

After a little sober up time I made it home and hit the bed around 3:30. My mom coming in to wake me up at 8:30 to get ready for a funeral was not all that fun. We picked Ryan up around 9:30 and went to the funeral. As it was a funeral I will leave out any stories from that (though Ryan and I are a bad combination and Mom threatened to separate us more than once).

After the graveside Mom and I dropped Ryan off and went to The Cellar at Main Street Wine Depot for lunch. It was so cute and SO good. I highly recommend it. They don't have a website that I could find, but look them up on facebook.



I won't lie I was kind of sad to come back to Norman, though when I did get back my head was a little clearer and I was a lot more relaxed. I guess sometimes you just need to go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment