Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thirty Days: Day 4

a picture of someone or something that
has had the biggest impact on you

Britton Austin Drake Sperry

Britton was born November 20, 2000. Never in a million years did I expect him to change my life as much as he did, Haley yes, Britton, no. I kept Haley in the summers, but I was never supposed to have Britton, until his baby sitter quit. Cindy found a baby sitter for him, but she couldn't keep him during the summer. Since I was keeping Haley anyway guess who got offered the job.

My mom and Cindy were certain that after a summer with a baby Haley and I would NEVER want to have kids, well you know what they say about the best laid plans...

After a very quick baby tutorial one Sunday after church I was ready to jump into keeping a six month old. On the first day he threw up on me, my baptism into babies.

I kept him that summer, the next and then a little bit when he was two and a half. The second summer I realized that as much as I had fought it before I really wanted to get married and have kids. I loved being with him all day, running errands, playing, all of it. Before that I thought I might want kids in the future, but wasn't really 100% sure. After having Britton I was sold.

To this day I can't wait to be a mom. I get frustrated that the time is not right at this moment in time. It is sometimes hard to be around my friends that are pregnant or have new babies. I know that the time will be right in the future and when it does I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment