Yes that is an empty lot. What used to stand there was the Carmike 5 movie theatre. A few years ago they built the new Carmike 8 (I know, big town, huh?) and the Carmike 5 was a dollar theatre for a little while. Soon, though, they closed it, so I guess at some point in time we all knew that it was coming down eventually, but I guess I hadn't really thought about it.
Seeing that empty lot made a whole lot of memories come flooding back:
- Home Alone 2 with Lexi when she was home from Indiana
- Clueless two or three times
- Hunchback of Notre Dame with Crystal, the first time we got to all on our own for a whole afternoon
- Now and Then
- Scream, first date
- Mr. 3000, first date
- Titanic 3 times
- Armageddon, cried like a baby with Heather
- Wild, Wild West, my first midnight show
- Cruel Intentions
- Night at the Roxbury, when I would have demanded my money back, had I paid!
- You've Got Mail (I think) on a first date, where we got in free and the guy was WAY confused!
- Varsity Blues, which I didn't thoroughly appreciate until years later
- Dr. Doolittle 2, with Haley when, at 20, I got in for the kid's price, with car keys in my hands, and btw she wasn't the kid's age either
- Austin Powers: Goldfinger, after the last show of Annie
- Harry Potter 3, where Haley made out with the cute exchange student
|I found a picture of it online! :)|