Monday, May 9, 2011

Thirty Days: Day 27

your biggest pet peeve

Victim Mentality!

I hate when people think that the world is out to get them. They whine and complain about the things that happen to them in their lives. Some people seem to think that every bad thing that happens to them is just more proof that their life sucks.

The whining, the complaining, and the moaning drive me nuts! This isn't to say that we can't all have bad days, sure we all do, however this is aimed at people who cannot see the bright side of things.

Relationships end, we don't get jobs we want, we don't get into the school we wanted. If everything in my life had gone just how I planned it I would probably be one of those miserable people. Luckily it didn't.

Did I cry a lot sometimes? Did I wish and pray for things to go another way? Of course! Do I look back now on those things with a thankful heart? Yes!

I'm not saying that everything in life is going to turn out wonderful and perfect, people get sick, people die, and that sucks. What I am saying is that if you are still alive and the people around you are healthy then you have a lot to be thankful for and a lot more than some people.

If you don't like where your life is then DO something about it! If you are miserable in your marriage, get a divorce. If the person you're dating is making you miserable let go of them. If you are totally crazy about someone, tell them. The worst thing you can do in life is nothing!

You must open yourself up to change. Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote "we change, whether we like it or not." Change is inevitable. It is scary, but so many times when we step out on a limb, or are pushed out on a limb for that matter, life has this crazy way of working out the way that it is supposed to.

DO something with your life!

And remember, everything happens for a reason:

No comments:

Post a Comment