Friday, May 6, 2011

Thirty Days: Day 24

a photo of you last year and how you have changed since then
me and Allison at my "open the pool" party last May

How have I changed since last year?

Well for starters I'm BUSY! I don't think I realized that I could be as busy as I have been the last year.

This time last year I LOVED grad school, now not as much. I am really, really burnt out, however that burnt out-ness has caused me to be almost done!

I am (almost) officially a member of the Junior League of Norman (one official vote at May Dinner left :)).

I help lead a youth group.

I made a really good New Year's resolution that I have kept so far (though there was almost a slip).

I have realized my passion in life.

I have developed a plan of action to make my non profit happen.

I have welcomed three little nephews and one little niece into the world.

I have remembered my love of photography.

I successfully had the pool open for a whole season.

I caught the twitter!

I have come to some realizations about my past and am working on dealing with them, though it is really, really hard.

I haven't learned to say no yet, but I love all the things that I've gotten myself into.

I've made some of the best friends a girl could ask for.

I've encountered a couple of guys that have changed my life for the better.

I have made a lot of new friends.

I got snowed in NYC!

I got to see Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark (not a whole lot of the population can say that!).

I helped close a DHS office and became an expert at using a desk dolly.

I have realized how much I love writing and that I'm actually pretty good at it.

I rediscovered my bathtub.

I have realized that people will judge you no matter how much you don't judge others. They will stereotype you. They will assume things about you. You will never be able to live up to their expectations. What you do will never be 100% right to them.

However, I have also realized that those people are not worth my time. I can only be who I am. I like who I am. I like what I do. I like who I associate myself with. I am not going to lie and cover up anything that I do because I feel that causes more harm than good. I am not going to change myself to fit into someone else's mold of how I should be because of this activity or that activity. I am who I am and if you don't like that you are missing out on a pretty spectacular person.

I cannot be everything to everyone all the time, and that's okay, people will understand. I can only be the best me that I can be and if that's not good enough for you then you are not good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment