Monday, May 30, 2011

Movie Challenge: Day 2

the most underrated movie


I have two for this one



Running on Empty

My junior year of college I took a film narrative class as an elective. We watched all kinds of interesting movies, one of which was Running on Empty. I grew up in a time when some of the most talented celebrities of my generation overdosed, including River Phoenix and Kurt Cobain. This film stars River Phoenix. It is a great film anyway, but knowing that just a few short years later he would be gone made it even more powerful. The story follows a set of parents who were protesters of the Vietnam War and their run from the FBI. If you have not seen this one I suggest you check it out.



Life as a House
This film stars Hayden Christensen, who in a lot of ways reminds me of River Phoenix. This is another amazing film that tugs at the heartstrings, but didn't get a whole lot of press.

No comments:

Post a Comment